This salad seems to be the 2022 version of that TikTok pasta – and with temperatures what they are at the moment, I absolutely had a to bring you a recipe for vegan watermelon feta salad.
While Feta isn’t vegan (obvs), there are a number of alternatives on the market – my favourite is this one (psst – use TVKHANNAH13 for 15% off your TVK order, and check my instagram bio for the most recent code if that one has expired) by Violife, but Follow Your Heart also make delicious version, I hear!
How to make a vegan watermelon feta salad
Like I said in the title, this recipe is an easy one. But there are still a few tips and tricks you can follow to really take your vegan watermelon feta salad to the next level!
- When you’ve cubed or scooped your watermelon, you want to let it sit in a bowl for a few minutes, and then drain the liquid – this will keep the salad from going too soggy!
- To find out if your watermelon is ripe, if it a little tap, like gently knocking on a door. It should sound hollow – otherwise it’s not ready yet. Perfectly ripe melon will give you the best result
- Vegan feta is quite strong – you want to keep your cubes nice and small so you don’t overwhelm the flavour
- You can sub a sprinkle of dried mint for the fresh if you need to – but always go for fresh if you can
- If you’re preparing it in advance, make sure you keep it chilled right up until the point of serving. This will keep the watermelon crunchy
This truly couldn’t be an easier recipe to make, and I for one will be eating it all Summer long!
Simple Four-Ingredient Vegan Watermelon Feta Salad
- 1 Melon Baller
- 1 knife
- 1 bowl
- 1 medium watermelon
- 100 g vegan feta I like Violife Greek
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Halve your melon and, using your melon baller, scoop out the flesh, getting rid of as many seeds as you can in the process. Set melon aside in a bowl or on a plate for a few minutes, then pour of the liquid.
- Cut the vegan feta into cubes. Finely chop the mint.
- Add melon, feta, mint, and balsamic to a large salad bowl. Toss and season with salt and pepper